Outdoor activities gives us an opportunity to see the wonder of the mountains and different environments, but also the effects of human trace. The melting of glaciers, the rockfall from permafrost melt, the water pollution… And when doing our fun activities we have a huge impact, starting from the carboon footprint of our travels to the impact of the production of the equipment we use.
Here some useful links to think about a more sustainable way to practice sport.
Carbon footprint calculator Calculate the footprint of your daily life, travels…
- Protect The Outdoors: https://lnt.org
- Mountain Wilderness: http://www.mountainwilderness.org
- Mountain Partnership: http://www.mountainpartnership.org
- World Glaciers Monitoring Service website and app monitoring almost all the glaciers in the planet.
- UN environment UN programs of environment.
- Patagonia Action Works a world platform to meet volunteers, actions, campaigns…
Some blogs / websites